Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Sweet Travis emailed me on Tuesday, 5 days ago, and formally requested that I go on a formal date with him for Valentines. He wouldn't tell me where, but he said there would be dinner and dressing up. I felt all giddy and girlish all week as I was waiting for my big date with my honey!

So, on Saturday while I'm getting ready to go, Travis ducks out of the apartment a few moments later, I hear a ring of the doorbell...I go to open it, and there is Travis with chocolates and flowers! Purple lilies no less--some of my favorite! Awwww. He was here to 'pick me up' for our date. (I'm grinning wider now just remembering it than here in this picture). :)

Dressed and ready to go out

We had a lovely dinner out and went to a piano recital on campus at BYU. We haven't gone to a concert together in a long time. I tell you--it was perfect!

For Trav, I decided to do what Shannon had posted earlier about fortune cookies. So I did some homemade fortune cookies with little love notes inside, then dipped in chocolate and decorated with Valentine sprinkles. :) It was a good learning experience making them! I was hoping that he would like them, and I got my Valentine's wish!

Thanks for a wonderful Valentines, honey!

3 comments:

  1. AWWWW,
    Carma that is so DARN cute! Remember to keep doing things like that after the little one comes!
    Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the updates! So I saw on your gchat status you're expecting a boy! Congrats! I'd love to hear more about that---when are you due, names, etc.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is so fantastic - and Carma you do not look pregnant! I had no idea you had started blogging again - I love it!! Travis, I am proud of you for taking such good care of your sweetheart on Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete