Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I used to think belly buttons were cute...

...But then, mine never used to stare at me. :) As my belly grows, my belly button points more up at my face, so that every time I look at my belly--there it is. Having taken the opportunity to become reaquainted with my belly button I can definitively say: belly buttons are not as cute as I once thought.

In other news, my Thesis Defense is now officially on the books for Friday, March 5th from 12-2 pm. I'm feeling a little nervous, but I think Trav will be there for moral support. :) And not that we planned it this way, but it's hard to be too tough on a pregnant woman, right? Wish me luck!

Travis is gritting his teeth and pulling through the last 6 weeks of his educational career. He told me yesterday that he was feeling trunky. Can't blame him. Hang in there, honey!

9 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were pregnant! Congratulations! Good luck with your thesis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so where was the announcement about your pregnancy before this. Did I miss it? Congratulations and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carma,
    Good luck on your defense. Chip and I know you will do just fine. We love you and will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the well wishes! I'm sorry to those for whom the pregnancy news is coming as a shock :) Hee hee. We are due on May 22nd, so 6 months down and 3 to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray! I'm so happy for you on both accounts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'll be praying for you on march 5. i'm sure you'll do great!!

    as far as bellybuttons go...blah. mine never went back to normal. still ugly. good bye cute bellybutton!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We'll be praying for you tomorrow. You will do great! Can't wait to hear how it turns out.

    It's always so good to see you blog!

    Can't wait to see the belly button for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck tomorrow Carma! We are so proud of you!
    And my belly button did the same thing. Eric said it is like cooking a turkey when it is well cooked the button pops out. Guess little Hinckley is growing good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carma! This is awesome news! We're expecting in September. You're gonna be a great mom!!!

    ReplyDelete